Thursday, November 04, 2004

Endangered Species

Things don't always work out the way you want them to...

I told everyone days before the election that if he wins I will be moving. I really don't think that would be called for... My country has, apparently, left me.

I can't be the only person who doesn't accept a religious path that, as a fundamental rule, is the ONLY right one. I can't be the only one who doesn't read the bible or accept a religion requiring forgiveness from God because of my "imperfection".

Could it be that Democrats are a dying race!? You would swear that this president won by the biggest landslide in HISTORY. But in fact, he also got the most votes AGAINST him in the history of this nation, not just FOR him.

Now, none of this really concerns me... Let me be honest. Fear, for me, is not an option. I am not afraid of "terror attacks". Frankly, I don't care about marriage either, keep it. The thing that concerns me deeply, honestly, is that there are so many who are afraid, and there are so many people who feel there are still people who don't deserve equal rights as humans.

Like I said, I don't care about marriage, but if I am in a committed relationship with someone then I think I deserve the same rights as any other in a committed relationship.

This all boils down to what.. I'm not quite sure. Why am I so uneasy now. Maybe it's because I had so much more faith in us as a people. I thought we were on the road to understanding, and on the road to peace between us and the world. Peace and love between me, you, our nation, and every human on this planet.

Our next president, I feel, has not done much but promote this fear, and hate. I can feel it sometimes.

Democrats, as a group whose thought process I sometimes think is inspiring, could be a dying race. This political party is now made up of just minorities. There are not enough of us to make a single majority. Now, everyone says we need to do soul-searching and deal with being out of the spotlight for a while.

I was so excited to see people accept growth, and change. Now I have to accept growth and change of my own.

And so, things do NOT always work out the way you want them to. This is going to be alright. We are all Gods children. Each and every one of us is connected to the divine spirit and so I must believe we will all grow. I will pray for love.

The Sun will still rise. The Moon will still revolve around this planet, and Life will still be great. What else can you ask for!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home