Sunday, April 03, 2005

...and Everything Dances ;)

"Listen as the wind blows...
From across the great divide...
Voices trapped in yearning...
Mem'ries trapped in time.

The night is my companion,
And solitude my guide -
Would I spend forever here
and not be satisfied?"

"Everything in the universe has rhythm... and everything dances." - Maya Angelou

Everything exists exactly the way it is meant to in every moment of every day. Nothing is ever out of place and there are no mistakes. Every monumental failure is a success simply for the experience of being and learning.

"In the terms of endearment,
In the terms of the life that you love,
In the terms of the years that pass you by,
In the terms of the reasons why..."
"I will be the answer
At the end of the line
I will be there for you
Why take the time?
In the burning of uncertainty,
I will be your solid ground.
I will hold the balance,
If you can't look down.
If it takes my whole life,
I won't break I wont bend.
It will all be worth it,
Worth it in the end.
Cause' I can only tell you what I know..."

5 Comments:

Blogger David Tellez said...

That's really beautiful...(and it sounds so familar, but I cant remember where it's from...)

Who wrote the last part of the poem? Is it still Maya?

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try and remember this the next time I sit in a fuck for a "bad" choice I make.
k

10:11 AM  
Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

Merrick: "You'll still be, burning sooo bright!" Good times, good times!

D.T.: Pretty much everything in italics is Sarah McLachlan, the goddess of meaningful music herself. The first part is her song "Possession" which plays on my blog (occasionally). The second set of words on the right is "Terms of Endearment". The last set all on the left is the song "Answer" and it is very, very good. I wrote the middle part, and Maya's quote is, of course, by her! Thanks, D.T.!

Knottyboy: I'm so sorry... I have no idea what-so-ever what "fuck" is referring to here... oh well, whatever it is, I'm sure you're there for a reason...(?) Or maybe it's something that's happening to cause a change in your life in some way... (maybe I should shut up and find out what "fuck" is referring to...)

10:23 AM  
Blogger mellymutton said...

Well Hello Akh...

I think I am a little frightened that there is somebody else out 'there' that thinks like I do...

;)

Maybe its the Scoripo Energy we were both born under...

I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and emotions...

And I can already see our common thread from what I have read already...

Peace

~

8:43 AM  
Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

mellymutton: Hey Chica! Sorry it took so long to reply, I don't even know if your gonna see this, but - Oh Well! I love my Scorpio-ness to pieces! I agree that we are unique! Glad to hear from you, and btw, great bloggin!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home