Saturday, January 07, 2006

This Lie

even tears fall far from me now
im not sure if i remember how
to cry

everytime i stand up
and step forward
to try

i fall harder than the last time
theres always another excuse
thats why

i drink so i dont live
living is harder now than it is
to die

a part of me sleeps
while the rest of me waits to wake
and fly

people think they know me
but they have no idea
theres so much more to me than this lie...

this lie is beauty
this lie is forever
this lie is external
this lie is me
as most know me

this lie is Colin
while Akh sits and stares
in awe of this mess

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap. That's hard to read for a moody Cancer. Hope your reality changes a very soon dear boy.
kb

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pick yourself up by the boot straps and stand tall colin baby. be strong for mama bees! and for goodness sakes, email me if you need to talk. smooches.

5:58 PM  
Blogger mellymutton said...

Regardless of what has happened know you are loved...

We all live a lie at one time or another in our lives... Its all a part of growing into who we are meant to be...

Sending much love & peace your way..

~

10:04 AM  
Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Babycakes, we all hope you are well and wish you the best.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home